Saturday, January 30, 2016

Smart Letter: Whatever you vividly imagine...

Dear Smart Oakland project team and supporters everywhere,

Smart Oakland and its draft Oakland+ response to the DOT's Smart City Challenge have received their first letter of support. Here's the link to the folder where we will post all of our letters as they come in.

Visualizing the Smart Oakland Vision Narrative
I have a previous commitment that will keep me busy from now until about 6pm this evening, so my ability to work on the draft will be very brief and sporadic today.

I'll be back online and developing the proposal again full-time starting tomorrow morning, so please don't wait until Monday to give the draft a read and fill in any of the blanks, action the "To Dos" and determine the "TBDs"--or simply point me to whomever I should send a note requesting input or support on a given item or subsection.

Also--a quick note about the final form of Section 1 in particular and the proposal as a whole. The current structure applied across the eight strategies in the draft -- Challenge, Solution, etc.-- is there to support their consistent and thorough development. This structure will be eventually recede to the background in Section 1 and stay front and center in each of the tables of the other sections (in particular sections 5,7, 8, 11 & 13). Here's the Link to the Google Workbook where we are developing these tables.

In this way, all of Section 1 will eventually (by Monday evening?) read like a fluent, compelling story from beginning to end and the careful, complete and technical conception of the demonstration project will be presented in the DOT's prescribed format in subsequent sections, mostly in table form.

As I say pull myself away from Smart Oakland for the day, I wanted to share with you all a little saying that I like to keep in mind as I start my day:
"Whatever you vividly imagine, ardently desire, sincerely believe and enthusiastically act upon must inevitably come to pass." - Paul J. Meyer
Cheers,
Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Smart Oakland. We value your comments and appreciate your feedback and support.